We had a wonderful experience the other day and I wanted to tell you about it. One of our missionaries has a friend back home who was in an accident and is paralyzed from the neck down. He was preparing to go on a mission when this happened and is now confined to a wheelchair. Our missionaries have contacted him (Skype) on several occasions just to visit with him and his positive attitude has been an inspiration to all of us, even the president has been in on these visits over Skype, so the mission has pretty much adopted his as "one of us", as the President says.
Last week, for our Zone Conference, they asked this young man to give a talk to all the Zone Leaders, which everybody was worried about because Skype here is not too dependable and if it does work, it's very pixelated and cuts out frequently. However, they got this newly adopted young man on Skype without any problems, and it was the best pictures any of us have seen on Skype, and we all viewed it on the big drop down screen in the chapel and it was perfect, when the Lord wants things to work, he can make it happen. He gave a wonderful inspiring talk about, trials and had everybody in tears. He was introduced to all our missionaries one by one and after all was done, they all sang our mission song to him, all 32 missionaries with arms around each other, swaying with the song while they sang to the big screen.
This is a picture of our adopted missionary photo-shopped in with President and his Assistents.
It had me in tears, I was so touched with the compassion and love our missionaries have for this young man. I only wish I had a picture to share with you all or some way to send the Spirit that was there at that meeting. We truly have some wonderful young men here in this mission.
I don't think I ever told you...our President set a goal last year to get 1000 baptisms during the year. Our hard working missionaries made it happen. By the end of the year they had over a 1000, we were all so proud of them.
Elder y Hermana Packer
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This Flora Lee. I just found out about your blog. We got a new RS directory with the URL listed. Thanks for the email. It sounds like you are doing great.
Our grandson in Chile has been busy with transfers too. He is the Financial Sec. He has only had 3 anglo comps. He has loved his Latino comps. I'm sure you are doing a great job keeping those missionaries healthy.
Flora Lee, I just saw your comment, it's good to hear from you. Please write when you have a minute, we love hearing from you all.
Post a Comment