I'm on a campaign to try to get ties to our missionaries.
All our missionaries get sick and tired of wearing the same ties day after day, and the poorer missionaries come out here with only a couple of ties to wear for two years. Occasionally, a missionary going home will leave a tie behind and it is snatched up in a heart beat. One of our missionaries even tried to make his own tie. While they are wishing for more ties, I'm thinking of all the old ties we threw away or took to DI back home. If I only had those old ties, they would be so happy to get them.
So then I thought of how many men might be throwing away their ties and thought maybe I could talk someone into sending them to us. Our missionaries would love it!!!
They only criteria is: Clean - not too loud - missionary standards.
And you can fold them in a Post Office brown envelope (bubble type is best), and mail them down here. Even a few would be great. However, I don't suppose it's too cheap to mail them so I'll even reimburse anyone who ask me.
About 1/3 of our missionaries are Latino from Chili, Paraguay, Uruguay, San Salvador, Columbia, Peru, etc., and they mostly are very poor, so we try to help them as much as possible with clothing, we'd love your used suits, but they would be too expensive to send, so ties are much easier. Also, we try to help the young men leaving from the Wards for missions, so you can see we are very needy.
Thanks for anything you can do to help.
Elder and Hermana Packer
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good idea. I would give you Trent's. But no one would want them. They are the same ties he wore on his mission, plus a few he has acquired from my sisters' weddings, and they are bright pink and yellow!
Post a Comment