Monday, November 15, 2010

The pictures I promised

This is a view of the Andes from the road driving to San Luis, you can see the Argentine country side is very open and flat, although there are smaller mountains behind us.


The entrance into the "State" or Province of Mendoza.  The sign about the arch says: Welcome to Mendoza, the land of the sun and good wine.

This is 1/2 of the public hospital in San Luis.  They have socialized medicine and every public facility I saw was run down and not very clean.  People were lined up inside for hour and hours of waiting.  The Private clinics were much smaller and better.

A beautiful park in San Luis, the trees with the purple flowers were so beautiful.

These are the smaller mountains I mentioned before.  We are just going into Villa Mercedes.

We are off to go to dinner at friends home, so that's it for now.
Love, from the Packers

No comments:

Post a Comment