Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All is well

I keep thinking next week will be quieter, but so far it hasn't been that way.  Every week just gets busier.  However, as busy as it keeps us, we are so glad we came here and so glad we get to be missionaries for the Church. the blessings are wonderful and being able to help out here is a very good feeling. 

Yesterday, I went with one of our Elders to have ingrown toenail surgery, and I'm not easily shocked, but that clinic sure did it.  It looked like something out of a horror movie, very dark and dirty.  The narrow hallways looked like they haven't been painted for a long time and the whole procedure was not very sanitary and I think we won't every go there again, I just crossed it off our list of medical care providers and put him on antibiotics for a long time.

I just got back from taking another Elder to the hospital.  He broke his hand the other day and came in to show me today, it was very swollen and bruised and looked like it was broken.  After the hospital did x-rays, we now know it's broken, it was very obvious.  Usually I get these kinds of injuries after "P-day" activities, someone always gets hurt.

Also we have an Elder who came down with Chicken pox yesterday and now has to stay in his pension/pench (apartment) for 10 days.  That means he and his companion, which puts a hold on any of the missionary work they were involved in and is frustrating for both of them. 

It's starting to warm up here and we are hoping to get an air conditioner soon.  It's so beautiful here, trees line all the streets and it looks so pretty.

That's it for now, haven't had time for taking pictures.

Hermana Packer

2 comments:

kelli said...

Did you get my info I sent you about the ingrown toenails? By the way, Trent's acl is torn, and he does have to have surgery. See, these boys never grow up.

Sharee Jones said...

I love your blog and all that you are doing. it looks like you are busy and I am sooo very happy you both are experiencing this. Your an inspiration to me. Thank you for living your lives so well!!!! xoxo

Post a Comment