Saturday, July 3, 2010

Argentina Mendoza Mission Pre-union

If a "missionary re-union" is a meeting after your mission is over, then we just had a "pre-union".  Elder and Sister Brown, who just came home from their mission in Mendoza last week(she the nurse), and Elder and Sister Nope, who are waiting for visa's also, and will be serving with us for the next year and a half all came over to our home for lunch and a wonderful visit.  It was so good to get acquainted with the Nope's and we love them already and will enjoy serving with them. 

Sister Brown oriented me more as to what my nursing duties will be and showed me how to use the Missionary Medical website.  I appreciated her so much and I feel I have a forever friend in her, she has left some very big shoes to fill in Mendoza, she's done so much to increase the knowledge base for the mission and I only hope I can keep it going when we get there.

We've been watching the World Cup and see that Argentina played Germany today and lost, 4 to 1.  Ouch, that's bad, I know they will be so unhappy today and in the days to come.  We'll see how that affects our visa.

We see that 4 young missionaries arrived in Mendoza this week with visa's, but Sister Lindahl (Pres. wife) says 10 are still waiting, I don't know if we are in that number or in addition to it.  You can see her website here:  (http://presandsislindahl.blogspot.com/ )

Can't believe our farewell talks in Church is just next week, it came so soon, too soon.
 
Voy a hacer adios mi amegos y amigas, hasta luega.  Yo espero hablar con a uestedes a proxima semana.

No comments:

Post a Comment