Thursday, May 6, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting

It's been a week and a half since we sent in the original birth certificate to have Calif. change it on their computer, and we haven't heard much since.  Thane called but they said it's in a different office and they are waiting also.  However, we did receive the incorrect version back from the Sec. of State of Calif. with the apostille stamp on it, too bad we can't use it.

While we wait, we are making up many list of things to do,  and still working on our Spanish lessons, Maribel bought us the CD's of all the Church hymns in Spanish, so kind of her.  My favorite new Spanish words....."Se me olvido" (I forgot), "No se" (I don't know), and "No entiendo" (I don't understand).  I think those phrases just might take me through the whole mission if I'm lucky.  :)

We've been able to make contact with one couple who just returned from Mendoza and another couple who are still there, they are giving us lots of hints to help us out.    Sure hope we can get the visa on time with all these delays, if we leave late, do we get to stay longer?  Fine with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment